3.31.2009

Saving a Mountain Bluebird

This female mountain bluebird flew into our back window on Thursday evening. She was in bad shape with a bloody nose and obvious concussion. I brought her inside and quickly got on the internet to look up "caring for a bird with a concussion." Following the instructions, I put her in a small box with an old t-shirt and put her in a dark, quiet place. The source said that the bird should remain as still as possible to help drain the excess blood from the brain and releave the pressure. I didn't check on her until the following morning. I was dreading it because I honestly believed that she wouldn't make it through the night. But she was alive and doing much better. I fed her some sugar water and released a happy healthy bird that afternoon. I am still in disbelief!!! My first bird rescue success story.

No comments: