3.25.2009

Feathered Friends

Sunday was an amazing 75 degree sunny day... followed by a week of windy cold weather. But spring is on its way. The tulips are poking their leaves out and the birds are getting more active. Our favorite new feathered visitor is the Meadowlark (the yellow breasted bird pictured below). We hear the Meadowlark's melodious song frequently, but they rarely come up to the house. About 2 weeks ago I started putting corn on the ground for the birds. The scrub jays love it... and to my surprise so do the Meadowlarks. They come right up to the back door and sing to their hearts desire! A cute little robin stopped by to see what all of the commotion was about.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I think you should name your first child Lark. Wow, what a gorgeous bird. I am loving the birds in Dallas too. Your colors are just magnificent.
Hummm!!! Lark Jenkins. I like it!!!