5.23.2007

Restoration Now

As most of you know, our brother-in-law Josh recently started a non-profit called Restoration Now. It is his dream to minister to those in need through home renovation. Ryan & I were able to experience his dream first hand on a work project last Saturday. We drove down to Berthoud to help Bob & Lloyd. Their yard was completely over-grown and in complete disrepair. We spent the day mowing, weed wacking, tree-trimming, exc. As we worked, we spent some quality time with Bob & Lloyd... getting to know them more. I must say that they stand out as two of the nicest men I've ever met! Lloyd is a retired college professor and Bob is an amazing pottery artisan. Bob showed me around his studio. He makes the most unbelievable clay bird houses and succulent pots! As we finished off the day, I mentioned to Bob that I would like to purchase some of his pots, but he wouldn't let me pay. He gave me 4 succulent pots and 3 coasters! I have made a life-long friend!

No comments: